I am back with a new post today. In this post I will sharing with you guys some of the common hair problems we face in our day to day lives and how to deal with them. Hair is the most important part of a woman’s beauty.Long, healthy, shiny, bouncy and frizz-free hair are a dream for most women. But pollution, chemicals, stress, unhealthy eating habits and the experiments on hair have left them lifeless and damaged.
So I am listing below some common hair problems and ways to tackle them.
1. Premature greying
People colour their hair because of a change in hair, experimentation or to hide their greys. Greying occurs because of nutritional deficiency, genetics, extensive use of chemicals and hair styling treatments.And offcourse, age is one of the dominant factors for grey hair.
For treating grey hair:-
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your hair.
- Use henna instead of chemical colours to hide the greys.
- Protect hair from winter and summer woes with a scarf over the head.
- Eat as well as apply the fruits and veggies on your hair roots and strands.
- Foods rich in Iron, Vitamin B and C are a must.
Finding too many hair strands on the comb is devastating and specially during the monsoons when hairfall is at its peak. Improper diet, stress ,tension, sleeplessness, hormonal imbalances and chemicals contribute to hair loss. If you are experiencing a lot of hairfall, massage your scalp each morning to stimulate the blood vessels, Dry scalp people can use a hair oil everyday but if you are like me and have an oily scalp, hair oil everyday should be avoided altogether.
For treating excessive hairfall:
- Sleep for 7-8 hours
- Yoga and meditation are the best bet to relieve stress
- Hair should be washed with cold water
- Comb hair gently and patiently. Tugging and pulling hair causes a lot of hair loss too
- Include foods rich in protein, Iron,Vitamin B in diet. Find items that are rich in Biotin.
- Instead of rubbing the towel for drying hair, gently pat and wrap the hair in the towel.
An infection in the sebaceous glands cause scaling and itching of the scalp resulting in dandruff. Stress, Chemical shampoos, sharing combs or climatic conditions cause dandruff. Scratching of the scalp during an infection causes further problems of dandruff and fungal infections.
For treating dandruff:
- Wash hair 3-4 times a week with herbal shampoo and follow it up with a conditioner.
- Include healthy items in diet and avoid fried and spicy food.
- Massage hair regularly with oils such as coconut,castor,olive and almond.
- Do not share combs with other family members or friends
- Have atleast 8 glasses of water a day to keep dandruff at bay.
Apart from these remedies, use of home made hair packs can prove to be extremely beneficial and useful to tackle these common hair problems.
Do you have certain beauty remedies that you use to take care of your hair. I would love to read your thoughts in the comments below.
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter.
Until next time,bye bye!!