I am back with another post. Today I will be talking about some tips and tricks on how to buy makeup online (including beauty/haircare items as well). With the advent of internet shopping and booming websites to cater to such needs each day, the world is becoming more aware of buying things online. For the beauty junkies buying makeup and skincare online has been a boon since you dont have to step out of your house in the scorching heat/rains (insert your local weather conditions guys 😀 ), you get the best deals/discounts which your local beauty stores almost never agree to give and the access to international brands at the click of a button.
Keeping these advantages in mind, I would like to point out that there a few downsides of shopping for makeup,beauty and haircare products online.
- .Sometimes you do not get the desired quality of products.
- If its a brand you are trying out for the first time,there are chances you might end up not liking what you bought.
- Products which require skintone matching are very tricky to dive into.
- Some online stores do not have a clear return/refund policy.
So here I am with a post where I share some tips on how to buy makeup online. This will help in maximising a good experience with most stores online and make shopping hassle free.
- If you have made up your mind on buying makeup/beauty items from a particular online website the first thing you would want to check is their return/refund policy even before placing an order. Some stores do not have any return policy, some do not offer return on beauty items due to hygiene issues, some have a specified timeline in which you have to file a return with the website. You dont want to repent your decision of buying from that store after the money is gone.
- Check their reviews with popular beauty bloggers and Youtubers in your country. See the products bought by them and if you could find a brand that is your favourite or can become your potential buy. Haul blog posts and videos are the posts you should watch out for. Its like a mini review of the shopping websites in them.
- Some online websites have customer support/assistance where they guide you on what you should be buying or what would suit you. If the shopping website you want to shop at, has this facility then make sure to make the most use of it if you are confused while making decisions.
Now let me share a list of some of my favourite websites to shop makeup/beauty online. This includes Indian and International Websites that I have had no problems with while shopping and after sales service (which is the most important in my opinion)
- Amazon.in – Nothing beats the shopping experience one can have while shopping at Amazon. Not only makeup products, I have shopped for my iPhone , Soft Toys, Maybelline, Lakme, Real Techniques Makeup Brushes and a lot of different brands and products through this website. Their 24 x7 customer care and impeccable delivery and return policies have always made it a seamless one for me. Highly Recommended!
- Nykaa.com A relatively new website than the others mentioned in this list but the way they have created a market for themselves among users is commendable. Credibility and Trustworthiness have made them synonymous with Makeup Shopping among all beauty junkies these days. They have made brands like NYX Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Inglot and Beauty Blender available so easily in India.
- Feelunique.com This is a United Kingdom based website selling makeup products internationally. If you are a makeup addict like me, you would definitely like to give some serious thoughts on planning your next haul from here. It has some of the nest international drugstore and luxury brandgis for Sale. I love them <3
- Strawberrynet For me this website means shopping for international brands at the cheapest possible rates. They ggive good discounts on such labels too. Plus no custom charges despite being an international website.
- BeautyBay Another favourite international makeup shopping website. They keep running some amazing offers and I have placed orders for Urban Decay, Beauty Blender and Makeup Geek in the past. The package delivery time is somewhere approximately 3 weeks.
These were my tips to become an online shopping pro and shop makeup online successfully. DO you know of some other hacks apart from these? I would love to discuss such points with you.
Until next time,bye bye!!